Monday 20 April 2015

The power lies in our choices


These words reminded me of my high school Afrikaans teacher.
 One of my high school teacher said something that i will never forget as she stood in front of our class crying, because we never really listened to her and made it hard for her to teach. She said the reason she always came back to our class even though she had said she will never teach us again is because she loved being a teacher and we were not that important that we can change that.

She went on to say alot of other things that everyone in class was actually quiet, we were actually listening to her for once. She then went on to say; "you know, we have choices in life nd how we choose to feel can never be blamed on anyone but yourself" she continued with a story as an example of what she meant,

"if you were to take a bucket of water and pour it on me right now, I would be angry and maybe beat you up for that. So in a sence I'd say you made me angry, but in actual truth you made me wet, I just chose to be angry about it and instead of drying myself, I chose to beat you up."
Joyce Meyer once said, our emotions are under our authority, we are in control of them and not the other way around.
There also is anothre saying that that goes "no one can hurt you without your permission" Well, just thought I'd share in this secret.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment