Wednesday 4 March 2015

Love Yourself

 Yes the past is no ones friend because the bad memories ruin out present and the good ones contantly take us back and leave us with questions such as WHAT IF? Either way, the past is what we wish could just fade away but that's no reason for us to hate the experiences it brought.
The past is part of who we are, the experiences are the blocks that where used to build our character and as much as we don't like how they made us feel, they are the very reason we are who we are.

I hated my past experiences, each time I thought about them , they stole a little bit of joy at a time. I prayed for them to go away but they didn't, they couldn't, they were just not meant to be forgotten! What did I do?
Yip! I made peace with them and to do that I had to forgive, forgive myself and the bad choices, as well as those who hurt me. It took time hey, but I did it!

I then realised that this person I have become is a result of those experiences, they humbled me and gave me a positive attitude. They made me brave and showed me my true strength, they showed me my weakness and who I can rely on. I learnt so many lessons that i can teach the world for a life time. I now embrace those experiences because I now know they are a part of who I am, and if I hate them then I hate a part of me, and if I hate a part of me, who will love me fully? Who will love all of me?

Andrea said it and I totally agree! In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment